In November, someone tagged me in one of those Facebook photo challenges. The challenge was to post a B&W photo from your life every day for 7 days. I posted 6 out of 7 because that 7th post was apparently too much work for me.
When I look at these shots, they scream PNW Winter to me. Not because they show the fog over the rivers or snow on the mountains, but the way they don’t show the outdoorsy life I enjoy in nicer weather. During the Winter months, I kinda hibernate, only sneaking out to put in a few hours at the lab or grab life’s necessities. So it’s fitting they’re black and white – that’s how it feels right now (not in a depressing way).
Top left to bottom right:
- R2-D2 getting built at the lab. I’ve been waiting to see this guy in action for a while.
- I’m regularly surrounded by robots and equipment.
- More robots
- I had a really fun project at the time creating a movie for a local HS band. It was kind of frightening showing my work in front of several hundred people, but it went so well.
- I took a picture of my laptop screen while reading about Discrete Math. I don’t remember that day, but it was probably spend studying while cursing math proofs.
- A framed poster from a Jack White concert in 2012. That concert meant a lot to me – still does – because it was my last hurrah in Tulsa, Oklahoma.